Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Home study paperwork submitted!

Today I am happy to report that I turned in all the paperwork to our home study agency, Nebraska Christian Services! My goal was to get it all finished before we went on our vacation, and we succeeded. What paperwork was included in that packet, you ask? Here is the list of things that we had to get/complete that I can remember from memory:

Application for home study
Physical exam forms for both
Abuse registry releases for both
Release of information form
Family histories for both
Contract with NCS
Reference list (5 references)
Autobiographies for both
Self study questions for both (about 40 questions)
Fingerprint cards to Lincoln so a criminal background can be requested
Certified copy of our marriage license
Certified copies of our birth certificates
A copy of our most recent IRS tax form
A monthly income and expense form
An agency post placement commitment
Ethiopia homes study guidelines

Homestudy agency agreement

While we are gone on vacation, NCS will be processing those forms, sending letters to those we have chosen to be references, etc. Hopefully they will have most of the information that they need back so that when we come home we can start our home study visits. We will have 4 home study visits, but 2 of them can be done in one day. I think NCS will interview us together the first time, then separately the 2nd and 3rd times (which can occur in the same visit), and then together again the 4th time. As long as all those are fine, we will move on to the next step...which I will share about later. Now I can relax during our vacation and trust that things are moving forward back here in cold, snowy Nebraska. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman