Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Waiting

I have titled this post as waiting because that is basically what we are doing...waiting for Nebraska Christian Services to get everything they need so we can have our first home study visit. But to back up a bit, Garth and I are home from a wonderful vacation in Australia with my mom, Linelle, and another good friend, Rita. We went to Australia because we have a wonderful friend from there, Betty, who has come to Nebraska every year for about the last 30 years to teach, and has been wanting someone to come visit her. It finally happened and I think she was even more excited than we were...if that is possible. We left on February 13 and got back March 1. Words cannot express how wonderful it was to see Betty, see where she lives, visit her church, and meet all her family and friends. The weather was wonderful and we got to see many amazing sights.

When we returned home, we had hoped that NCS would have gotten most of the paperwork back so we could have our home study, but that wasn't the case. One hold-up was the fact that my fingerprints (which weren't scanned electronically) weren't clear enough to analyze so my criminal background check couldn't be retrieved. So, tomorrow I am going to the Nebraska State Patrol to do it over...this time electronically. There are some other documents that have to be submitted before we can have our home study as well, so I am guessing that it will be closer to April before we can have our first visit. The up side to that is that it gives us a few more weeks to start replenishing our checking and saving accounts after our vacation. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman