Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

First Homestudy Visit

We are having our first homestudy visit on Monday!!!! As some of you know, when Garth and I got back from Australia, I was told that my fingerprints had been rejected and I had to have them redone. The 2nd time around I had them scanned instead of inked, so I know they will be fine. Last week I called the Nebraska State Patrol to make sure they had gotten my fingerprint cards, and they had, but they said it was taking 6 to 7 weeks to get the background checks. I had previously been told by our home study agent that they needed all the documents back before we could start our home studies, so I was naturally devastated. I didn't want to wait another WEEK much less 1-1/2 to 2 MONTHS. Well on Tuesday, I called NCS to make sure they had received everything else, and while I was talking to her, I told her how long it was taking to receive the background checks. She said "Oh, that's too long to wait. Once we get your last referral in, we will start our visits". I contacted the remaining person who needed to send the referral in, and they said they would mail it that day.

This morning when I woke up I said my normal morning prayers but I added a plea that Nebraska Christian Services would call saying they got the referral letter and we could begin our home study visits. Today also happens to be my birthday, and I told God that it would be a really awesome birthday present to be able to schedule that first visit. Well...the call just came, and we are meeting on Monday at 2:00!!! I am SO EXCITED I just about can't sit in my chair and work! I thought that all the home study visits would actually be in our house, but we are actually going down to Omaha for the first one, and she said she comes to our house on the last visit...so I have more time to clean!

Carmen and Garth Druckenmiller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman