Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Homestudy complete...almost

Garth and I had our final homestudy visit at our house yesterday afternoon and it went really well. Cindy was here for about an hour and we finished up the questions that she had, and then she just looked around the house to make sure it was suitable for children. The entire weekend before, Garth and I cleaned and organized...and if you know me, that is really an accomplishment. I don't think our house has been this clean and organized since we moved here, so now is the time to visit! Cindy told us that she was working on a couple other homestudy reports so she probably wouldn't be able to do ours for a couple weeks, but since she still doesn't have my background report, that's not that big a deal as she would have to wait for that anyway. Hopefully she will get that in the next week or so. After she writes our report, she will send a rough draft to our family coordinator, Caitlin, at America World. Once Caitlin approves that, then Cindy will send us at least 2 copies of the notarized report for our dossier. Once we get the official homestudy report, we will be able to start applying for adoption grants and loans. At that time, there will also be a way for people to send money directly to America World for our adoption and have it be tax-deductible. More details on that later.

The garage sale donations have been GREAT! Garth and I are amazed at how many people are donating things to us. We have a great variety of items and they are still coming in. We have gotten so much stuff that the room that I was using to put stuff in was getting full so we have already had to start putting tables in the garage to put the things out there. Since we don't have room for our cars in the garage anymore, Garth and I are praying that it won't hail until at least after the first weekend in June.

Thank you so much for your prayers for us during this adoption process. We greatly appreciate them.

Sincerely,

Garth and Carmen

1 comment:

  1. Praying your sale goes well this weekend, and that hearts are turned towards the heart of God on adoption!

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman