Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Biometrics appointment FINISHED!

Today is a great day! Why? First it's Friday and Fridays are always great. But mostly it's because Garth and I had our biometrics appointment in Omaha! What are biometrics? Fingerprints! This time it is for the federal government, though. This fingerprint appointment will allow us to get the I171-H that you have heard me talk about which will allow us to bring our children home. It's also the final step before we can submit our dossier to AWAA and ultimately to Ethiopia. Thus, it's a VERY exciting appointment. Now, we are simply waiting...and praying that the I171-H form gets here SOON!

In addition to our dossier, we will also be sending in the next installment of money which totals $7700. So far God has been AWESOME and we have always had a little more than what is required, and I know He's not going to stop now. We currently do not have $7700 in our savings account, but I know it will be there when the time comes! One thing that will help us with that endeavor is a grant that Garth and I have been approved for by Kingdom Kids Adoption Ministry. Instead of them just giving us money, they operate as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that allows our friends and family to donate money to them for us that will be tax deductible. Some of you reading this blog will receive a letter in the mail with a brochure that has a tear sheet for you to send in with your check. You can also donate online at www.KingdomKidsAdoption.org. The most important thing you need to know if you are going to donate by check, is that our name cannot be written anywhere on the check or it won't be considered tax deductible. If you don't want to use the tear sheet, simply put a sticky note with our name on it on the check so they know who the funds are to go to. We are very excited to have been approved for this fund.

Thanks so much for your prayers and assistance! We are almost done paperchasing!!!!!

Sincerely,

Garth and Carmen Druckenmiller

2 comments:

  1. HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on finishing this step!!! I'm so excited for you guys to be "right there" waiting on that final document. I pray it goes quickly for you as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an EXCITING post!!!! You guys must be thrilled! I'll be praying your I171-H arrives SOON!!! And how awesome about the grant. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman