Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Babysitting service, I-171H

I know I didn't give you our available dates for our babysitting service fundraiser when I said I would, and I am sorry for that. I am waiting to find out when a birthday party is in September, so I don't want to commit to those Saturdays yet, but I will give you the dates for the rest of the year that we are available. This will be a first come, first service basis. To make it easier, contact me either through Facebook, e-mail (cdruckenmiller@gmail.com), or phone call (685-5211). Again, we will either come to your house or you can come here. We will travel roughly 90 minutes one way and you can pay us what you think we are worth. So here are the dates:

August 28
October 9
October 16
October 23
October 30
November 6
November 13
November 20
December 4
December 11

As soon as I find out when the birthday party is in September, I will post those available Saturdays as well. We are looking forward to being able to spoil your kids and give you a quiet night out child-free. Of course, the money that is given to us for the baby-sitting will go towards our adoption expense. We are getting really close to having the full $7700 that we have to send in with our dossier as you can see by our thermometer. Just as a recap, our current fundraisers are:

Sponsoring a puzzle piece for $10
Purchasing a magnet for $5
Giving us your aluminum cans
Purchases at JustLoveCoffee.com/DruckFamily
Donating to Kingdom Kids, and
Our newest fundraiser, the babysitting service

If you are wondering about our I-171H status, well as of today we don't have it. :-( I am hoping that I will be able to send out a new blog update tomorrow that we HAVE IT! In all my years, I don't think I have ever been this anxious for a particular letter in the mail. I have literally been checking our mailbox several times a day just in case the mail comes earlier than its normal 2:00 time frame. :-)

Thanks for everything!

Garth and Carmen

3 comments:

  1. Hope you get that golden ticket tomorrow! I stalked our mailman ruthlessly when we were waiting for ours in 2008. Hoping to get our paperwork done so I can be a stalker again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Could I maybe steal this idea and use it for our adoption?? Praying you get all your money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was so hoping to see that you got your I-171H! SOON! I feel it! Praying!

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman