Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Miscellaneous

Good morning everyone! It is 6:17 a.m. on Tuesday morning and I couldn't get back to sleep because I have so many things tumbling around in my head that I want to share. First off, I am very excited to tell you that we just met our $7700 goal yesterday! God is SO AWESOME to let us have it a day before we were hoping to have it by! Thanks to all of you who have purchased coffee, donated to Kingdom Kids, sponsored puzzle pieces, saved cans, and purchased magnets. We couldn't have done it without you.

Second, I wanted to let you know of the September dates that we are available for our baby-sitting service. They are: September 11 and 25. We are very excited to be able to give you parents a night out so sign up today! You can e-mail me at cdruckenmiller@gmail.com, send me a Facebook message, or call 685-5211 to book us.

Third, I have updated our puzzle picture on the side of our blog. You can see that we have made quite a bit of progress and only have about 100 pieces left to sponsor. In case you are new to our blog and wondering about this fundraiser, we are writing the names of all people who sponsor a puzzle piece and when the puzzle is complete, we will glue it together and frame it. Our children will then be able to look at the back of that puzzle and see all the people who helped bring them home. :-) It only costs $10 to sponsor one puzzle piece. If you would like to sponsor a piece, you can send us the money by check or Paypal.

Fourth, I am going to start a new series today called "Adoption Family of the Week". This weekly blog entry will highlight other families who are currently adopting from Ethiopia through America World. I will begin this today and then every Monday morning hereafter. There are several families who are on this journey and every story is unique so I wanted to share them with you.

Last, and certainly NOT least, I am excited to tell you that we got an e-mail yesterday from our family coordinator, Caitlin, and our dossier has been APPROVED and barring any unforeseen holdups from Ethiopia we will be DTE this Friday, September 3!!!!! We are requesting two children ages 0 to 5 either related or unrelated. On Friday we will get an e-mail with the tracking number of our dossier as it heads over to Addis Ababa. You can bet that I will probably be tracking it several times a day until it reaches there. As soon as it is official, I will be changing our short-term thermometer to when our next payment will be due. For now, however, I am enjoying seeing it filled to the top!

Continue to pray for us as we move into the next phase of this journey...the waiting phase. While we are SO GLAD to be done paperchasing, I can only imagine how much harder the waiting phase is going to be. Thank you for your support!

Carmen and Garth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman