Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Patience

If you know me, you know I am not a patient person by nature. In fact when I was a little girl, I was in a church play and one of the songs we sang was about patience and went something like this..."Have patience, have patience, don't be in such a hurry. If you get inpatient, you only start to worry. Remember, remember that God is patient too, and think of all the times when others have to wait for you." As I grew up whenever I would get inpatient my mom would start singing me that song, and she still does sometimes! Anyway, on Monday I decided to see if I could get a status update on our I-171H so I sent an e-mail to NBC again. I was pleasantly surprised when I got a response that same afternoon (no patience required...YEAH). The e-mail was from the actual person who has our file on her desk and this is what she said.

Carmen,

I am sorry that I have not been able to get to your case as of yet but I am working the files I have in the order they were received and let me tell you I have received tons! Anyway, I am getting closer to your application and it looks like I should be able to get to it by the end of the week. Please be patient with me just a little longer and I will let you know when I am done. If you don’t hear anything from me by the 1st of next week please email me again and I will give you an update.


So, we could potentially have our I-171H by the END OF NEXT WEEK! As exciting as that is, we are still $3635 short of the $7700 that we need. So please pray that we will have our money by the time we receive our I-171H so we don't have to wait on sending our dossier to AWAA. This whole process has been an exercise in patience and I think I am getting better, but I don't want our kids staying orphans any longer than absolutely necessary. Thank you all so much for your support. Just as a reminder, we still have our "I Dream of Africa" magnets for sale for $5 each, our Just Love Coffee store for you coffee drinkers out there, and our aluminum can recycling, which we have already made about $35 on. For those of you who would like a tax deduction, you can also donate through Kingdom Kids Adoption Ministry at http://www.kingdomkidsadoption.org/. Under donations at the top, click on Family Grant Donation. Thanks so much!

Sincerely,

Garth and Carmen

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! That's great news! I wish our paperwork was going a little faster so that we could finish our homestudy and submit our I-600A. I hope you hear something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carmen
    I just became a follower of your blog. I look forward to watching how God answers your prayers and brings your children home. My husband and I just applied with American World and are awaiting acceptance into the Ethiopia Program.

    I will be praying for your adoption journey.

    Blessings to you

    Suzanne
    freedomhollowfarmkiddos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying for you guys that God will shower you with more than enough for your dossier submission... we are also in the process, and we're having some hold ups with the paperwork...grrr. but we know ultimately that God is in control!
    we'll be believing for a miracle for you:)
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am writing to ask for your permission to include your posts on AdoptionExperiences.com and include a link to your blog in our
    directory. We would
    include a link back to your blog fully crediting you for your work
    along with a profile about you listed on AdoptionExperiences.com .
    Please let us
    know as soon as possible.

    Mike@adoptionexperiences.com

    Mike Thomas
    Editor-in-Chief
    AdoptionExperiences.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had that record and know the "patience" song!!!! it was from the "music machine! music machine! LIke no other gadget that you've ever seen." LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman