Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Adoption Family of the Week #4-Lee and Monica Russell



Lee and Monica Russell have been married for 12 years and they have 3 girls, Madison, Chloe, and Ivy. They currently live in Baton Rouge, LA. They have had friends over the past several years who adopted internationally that they watched from a distance and over the last 8 years they had talked about adopting a little boy and prayed about it, but never thought it would go any farther than that. Well, God had other plans in mind. Earlier this year, God put adoption on Monica's heart and He wouldn't let her dismiss it anymore. So, they requested an information packet from America World. As soon as Monica started looking at those pictures of orphans, she knew that God had called them to adopt. On May 17, 2010, they sent in their application for the Ethiopia program and since then have been paper chasing. They are requesting an infant boy up to 1 year old whom they are going to name Shepherd. They are coming along nicely with their paperwork and just had their fingerprint appointment on Friday! Check out their blog here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman