Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Adoption family of the week #5-The Chambers Family!


Josh and Autumn Chambers are from Houston, Texas and they have two sons. The Chambers' adoption journey started on July 14, 2009 when they completed the online application to the Ethiopia program at America World. They were able to get their dossier completed in March and were DTE on March 18th for an infant 0-12 months old. Five months later on August 10, 2010, they got a referral for a 2-1/2-month-old baby GIRL! Since the courts have been closed the last month or so, they haven't gotten to go over and meet their baby girl, but courts will be opening this week so they will hopefully get their court date soon! Right now they are starting to pack, get their vaccinations, and gather donations to give the various places they will be visiting. Autumn has a list of items they are trying to get on her September 19 entry, so if you would like to help with that, make sure to read that particular blog. The Chambers' also have a coffee fundraiser and T-shirts for sale on their blog, so if you would like to help them financially, check out those opportunities as well. You can see their blog here. Once they pass court they will be able to post pictures of their new baby girl, so check back often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman