Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

DOSSIER IS IN ADDIS ABABA!!!!!


If you have been on my Facebook page at all over the last few days, you will have noticed that I have been tracking our dossier diligently. Well this morning when I checked, I was over the moon ecstatic to see that it was IN Addis Ababa! It will now be translated and the search for our children can begin! Over these past few months of paperchasing, the prospect of Garth and me being parents soon didn't really seem "real" to me. While I knew that we WOULD be parents when it was all completed, there was always one more thing that we had to accomplish to complete our dossier. I would imagine that it's like the first couple months of a pregnancy... you know that you are pregnant but you haven't felt the first flutter of your baby. Well seeing that our dossier is in Ethiopia was kind of like that first flutter and I know that this "paper pregnancy" will soon be our live, flesh and blood children! Of course, that could just be the butterflies in my stomach. :-) You can see the journey that our dossier has taken since I dropped it off at the FedEx office in Fremont, Nebraska on September 3. I don't know who "Rahel" is, but he/she is my new favorite person of the day!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Carmen and Garth! Hope that news of a referral is on the way SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! Im praying your call comes quickly!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman