Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Unofficial Wait List

I think I may have mentioned at one point in time that when Garth and I started this adoption journey, I joined a Yahoo Group (YG) specifically for families adopting from Ethiopia through America World. This group has been invaluable to me when I needed help with our dossier, for support when things weren't going according to my plan, and encouragement. In addition to providing help and support, there are several different documents that have been created such as a file with suggestions from those who have already been to Ethiopia, a file with all the contact info for those families who have joined the Yahoo Group (and introduced themselves), and even a file with vaccine information. Well the file that I will be sharing about today is the DTE and Waiting List. Once a family is DTE, the gal who keeps this up to date adds your name, DTE date, and what age/gender of child(ren) you are requesting. There are columns for infant boys, infant girls, twins or siblings, unrelated, boy 12 months or older, girl 12 months or older, and child over 3 years.

Well as of yesterday, Garth and I have been officially waiting for our referral for 3 weeks! Now if you know me at all, you are probably thinking "well Carmen has been checking this list daily since becoming DTE". Well...you would be WRONG! I actually just looked at this file YESTERDAY! We are #14 for twins or siblings and #3 for unrelated children! You may think that we will definitely be referred unrelated children, but that isn't necessarily the case, as there would have to be two children available at the same time who meet our personal requirements and that isn't always easy to find. This list is "Unofficial" because it only includes families who have joined the YG and introduced themselves to the group. I am quite certain that there are families out there who have not joined the group or have not introduced themselves to us who are also in line. That said, I am VERY excited about being able to keep track of where we are on this unofficial list and see how quickly we can move up the ladder! I will keep you informed periodically of where we are so you know as well.

3 comments:

  1. wow that is so super exciting! can't wait to hear wnen you get a referral. ok, so i joined that yahoo group and haven't found much of anything with it. i don't know how to use yahoo groups so maybe that is it but i just don't get it. you are not the first person to talk about it but i didnt find anything on there at all. help! megansnyder@mchsi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Ethiopian adoptions. =) My husband and I have been on the wait list since June. 11th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your journey. We hope to see you (and your children) at the farm soon!

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman