Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

We are officially DTE (Dossier to Ethiopia)!!!!!

All morning I was stalking my inbox when FINALLY at 2:23 p.m. I received the e-mail I had been waiting for...the one stating that our dossier had been handed off to FedEx and would be on its way to Ethiopia. The e-mail included a tracking number and I think I have checked that tracking at least 5 times since I got the e-mail. So far it has only left the Herndon, Virginia FedEx store. In the e-mail they also asked us to keep a few things in mind as we track our dossier:

1. Don't worry when our dossier makes stops in Europe and other countries for long periods of time. It happens frequently.

2. Don't be alarmed if when it finally DOES make it to Ethiopia if it says "wrong address". When our dossier gets to Ethiopia they call one of the AWAA employees there to come get it and because the Fed Ex office isn't near the employee, it isn't always picked up right away.

I, for one, am very thankful that they warned us about this. Since I will more than likely be checking the progress of our dossier multiple times a day, seeing "wrong address" on that tracking page would be EXTREMELY distressing.

So, what comes next? Well, Garth and I are requesting two children. If they are related, we have requested their ages be anywhere from newborn to 5 years old. If they are unrelated, then the older child will be 5 years old and the younger one will be newborn to 2 years old. While we don't really have a time frame for when we will get our referral, there was a family recently who got a referral for their sibling group after only FIVE WEEKS! As exciting as that would be, it kind of terrifies me as well because our next big payment will have to be submitted when we accept a referral. That total will be somewhere between $11,500 and $13,400. Since I don't know exactly how much it will be, I'm going to plan on it being the higher amount so if it turns out it is "only" $11,500, then that will be an added bonus! I will be putting up a thermometer for this new amount so hopefully it will rise quickly!

For now, though, we will keep having fundraisers and believing that the Lord will provide the funds just when we need them. Our referral call/e-mail will likely come sometime between 5 and 10 months.

I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend and stay safe!

Sincerely,

Carmen and Garth

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Garth and Carmen! I hope you get a referral very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!!!!!!!! Such exciting news!!!!! I am praying that it will be a short wait time for you and that your thermometer will rise FAST!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman