Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Adoption Family of the Week #6


Josh and Candace Jones are from Royersford, Pennsylvania. They met in college where they both studied graphic design. While they were dating, they discovered that they both had a passion for adoption. After they had been married for a couple years, the Lord blessed them with their son, Cole, in 2006. Last year, they went through a couple miscarriages, and at that time they felt the Lord was telling them that now was the time to adopt. After talking to several agencies and exploring all their options, they started falling in love with Ethiopia and knew that their new child would come from there. In January of this year they applied with AWAA, did their paperwork as fast as they could (which was REALLY fast in my opinion), and were DTE on May 21, 2010. They are currently waiting for a referral for a baby girl age 0-12 months. For now, they are both working as graphic designers-Josh full time and Candace part time working from home. They have made some BEAUTIFUL prints that they are selling for a fundraiser here. You can also follow their adoption journey here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman