Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Adoption family of the week #7-The Delfosse Family!


Jaime and Dean Delfosse are from Denham Springs, Louisiana and currently have three children: John Peter, Christopher, and Jane-Grace. They are hoping to add one or two more babies/toddlers to their family and were DTE on September 3, 2010 (just like us!). This is the 2nd Ethiopian adoption for the Delfosse family. They first adopted Jane-Grace in July 2009. She was almost 2 at the time. Jaime had wanted to adopt since she was 15 years old, and she and Dean talked about adoption when he asked her to be his girlfriend...15 years ago. He thought it was a good idea then, but they started pursuing adoption seriously about 4 years ago. When they first started thinking about adoption, they had thought they would adopt from China, but when they applied to adopt, they no longer qualified for China. They applied for El Salvador with Ethiopia in the back of their minds, but when the El Salvador program seemed to be going slowly, their director asked them to consider Ethiopia and they knew it was right. They chose their blog name, "Not Quite Brangelina" because people will tell them they are JUST like Brad (Pitt) and Angelina (Jolie). Jaime usually responds with "Yeah. We are totally just like them. Except for the cash, the abs, and the paparazzi. We are like Brangelina in a Dodge Caravan." The Delfosse family currently has three fundraisers...Beignet baby clothes, Show Hope t-shirts, and Web, Print, and other Geeky Stuff. Check out their blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman