Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Adoption Family of the Week #8-The Toone family!


Lee and Kylie Toone are from Sandy, Utah and they have been married for 4 years, desiring children that whole time. Kylie has had a desire to adopt since she was 9 years old when her church did a fundraiser for African orphans. When she and Lee married, he quickly came on board. While they originally hoped to have biological children first and then adopt, the Lord had other plans in mind...to have them adopt first and hopefully biological children will come later. At one point in time, their pastor said "God has no Plan B. Adoption is Plan A whether you are able to have biological children or not. It should NOT be a fall-back plan."

They began their adoption journey in early 2009. After researching adoption for 6+ months, they finally decided to go for it. They applied and were accepted to AWAA in September 2009. For the first 9 months they didn't get very much done adoption-wise because they moved and waited until they bought a new house to proceed. They quickly learned they were waiting on the Lord. Lee and Kylie are thrilled, honored, amazed, and blessed to be chosen to care for one of the world's orphans.

To raise funds for their adoption, they are selling "green" reusable grocery bags. You can see a picture of them here. Kylie wrote the message on the bag to tell the story of adoption. I personally purchased 2 of these bags and they really are wonderful. To purchase a bag, click the Donate button on the side of their blog. Check it out today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman