Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Adoption Family of the Week #9-The Adkins Family!

Amy and Lee Adkins live in Littleton, Colorado and have one daughter, Lilia, who they adopted from Russia in January 2007 after struggling with infertility for about 5 years. They have no doubt that adoption was God's plan for their lives because they were a family willing to hear the call of the orphan's heart and respond to it. Lilia is now 5 years old and last year they felt the Lord calling them to adopt again, this time from Ethiopia. They began the paperwork in September and were DTE on March 18 for a 0-12 month old little boy. They received their referral for a 2-1/2-month-old baby boy in September and are currently waiting for a court date so they can go meet him! They were led to Ethiopia this time because Lee had always felt that he might raise a black son, it was a good program, and the need there is so great. They are waiting patiently for their court date and Lilia can't stop talking about her baby brother. :-) They can't imagine their lives being any different than it is now and can't wait to be a family of four. Check out their blog here and pray for a quick court date!

UPDATE! They have a court date for December 16!!!! See prayer really DOES work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman