Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

DTE for one month!

We have officially made it through our first month of being DTE. Truthfully, it hasn't been that hard. I'm quite certain as the months go on, however, they will become more difficult. This month, Garth and I have watched a few more adoption videos from Adoption Learning Partners. For those who are adopting, I would highly recommend them. I watched a video titled "The Journey of Attachment" and really enjoyed it. Attachment does not always come easy with adopted children, so the more techniques and hints I can get to help facilitate that is always appreciated. We also watched a course entitled "Conspicuous Families". This course helped us to look at our lives through the eyes of our future children and was also very good. Since Garth and I are open to adopting a 5-year-old, one of the classes that the Ethiopian government requires us to watch is titled "Adopting the Older Child". That will probably be the next one that we watch. Once that class has been completed, we will get a certificate that the Ethiopian courts will have to see if we do indeed adopt an older child. Also on October 20, Garth is going to attend a webinar entitled "Food for Thought". It will talk about the impact of poor nutrition in early development and tips and insights for adoptive parents to help children catch up and thrive. We have also moved up the unofficial waiting list from 14 to 13 for siblings/twins so that was exciting. As court appointments start to get into full swing, the referrals will come faster. YEAH!!!!!

1 comment:

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman