Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

One Stop Adoption Shop


I confess...I am one of those people who stalk blogs to see what fundraisers other adoptive families are having so I can get some really awesome stuff as well as help other families bring their kids home. The problem is that sometimes I will see things that I know I want, but that isn't the time to purchase, so later I have to try to remember where I saw the fundraiser. Well now I won't have to try to remember. The One Stop Adoption Shop is a blog where adoptive families can have a link added for their fundraiser so people like me only have to remember one place to go. There are easy to use tabs across the top for coffee, reusable grocery bags (one of my favorites, by the way), art, jewelry, give-aways, beauty products, clothes, magnets, puzzles, and miscellaneous items. I for one am going to be buying Christmas presents, birthday presents, Valentine's day presents, etc. from there. In addition to getting some really great items, you will absolutely make that family's day when you purchase something. So check it out today. You can click here to go to it. New fundraisers will be added every Sunday evening and each week a different fundraiser will be featured. This is the first week it has been going, and the featured fundraiser is a raffle for Dallas Stars tickets! Each chance is $5 or you can get 4 for $15. You will receive two $100 tickets for the Dallas Stars vs. Edmonton on January 11, 2011. The family having this fundraiser will also be adding more tickets as the entries come in!

If you are a family out there who is adopting and would like to have your fundraiser linked, you can send an e-mail to OneStopAdoptionShop@gmail.com with your name, blog or fundraiser web address, and the name/details of your fundraiser. Like I said before, new fundraisers will be added on Sunday nights.

Also, WHEN you purchase something off this site, let the family know that you linked to it from this site as well. We would love to know how many people are utilizing this blog. Christmas is right around the corner so avoid the crowds at the mall, crazed shoppers racing for that last item, and have a very relaxed and rewarding Christmas season by shopping online in your pajamas and helping these families bring their kids home. You won't regret it!

1 comment:

  1. Did you write the poem, "Today I Kissed an Angel"? If not, do you know who did? I have a small orphanage in Uganda, and we are in the process of having our first child adopted. Hooray! I love this poem, and would like to make a copy to give to adoptive parents when they come for thier child, if I can get permission. Just found your blog today. Bless you for answering God's call to care for His orphaned kids!

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman