Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sesame Street:Song: I Love My Hair

I used to love watching Sesame Street as a child. So I was thrilled when I heard about this new character. One of the top writers at Sesame Street and his wife had adopted a girl from Ethiopia. She kept telling her dad that she wanted long flowing hair that was straight, not curly. So, this dad created a new character to help his little girl...and millions of other little girls...build self esteem. Often, Barbie is the first lesson little girls get about beauty. You can see the ABC News video about how this new SS sensation was created by clicking here. To stop the music that automatically plays, scroll all the way to the bottom and click the pause button on Carmen's Playlist.


1 comment:

  1. there's a lot of controversy over this video. i think it's a good video and i think if you look at the reason behined it, there's definitely a good message to little girls there. way to go Ethiopian dad for being brave enough to take this on!

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman