Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Adoption Family of the Week #11-The Herwehe Family!


Laura and Charlie Herwehe live in Indianapolis, Indiana and they have been married for 10 years. They have three daughters, Emma, 7, Ellie, 4, and Erin, 2, and they are adopting a baby boy who they will name Elias! They began their adoption journey in October 2009. They completed their dossier and were DTE on March 26, 2010 and received their referral for 1-year-old Elias on October 8. They just found out on November 3 that they have a court date of January 18! They are obviously very excited to be able to meet their new son.

So what made them decide to adopt? Well while Laura was growing up, she lived in Kenya as the child of missionaries. That experience changed her in so many ways; one of which was create a true heart for orphans in Africa, and specifically east Africa. When she met Charlie, she told him about her desires to adopt children from Africa and he said that he, too, had always felt the calling to adopt a child. So, adoption has always been in their plan. After they had their three girls, they felt very strongly that God was calling them to a son in Ethiopia. They are completely in love with Elias and cannot wait to bring him home early next year! Check out their blog here and follow their journey to Elias!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman