Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Adoption Family of the Week #14-The Alleca Family!

This week our featured family is Tony and Paige Alleca. If their name sounds familiar to you, it's because they are the ones taking the care packages to our boys next week! Tony and Paige have 3 beautiful biological children Francesca, 13, Marianna, 10, and Matteo, 7, but they always felt as though they weren't done yet. Paige is the youngest of 8 children so a large family is normal for them. God put adoption on Paige's heart shortly after Matteo was born. In fact, Paige had the AWAA application for 5 years before they both knew it was the right time. After attending an AWAA seminar in May 2009, they knew the time was right, and they felt the Lord leading them to Ethiopia. They knew from the start they wanted to adopt two children and keeping a sibling group together was very important to them. They made a few adjustments to their age range during the process but in the end they let God choose their children. Tamirat and Million were hand picked by God to fit perfectly in their family. After a year and a half, they will finally be a family of 7! Their embassy appointment is on December 8 and following that, they will be able to bring Tamirat and Million home forever! Check out their blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman