Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

DTE for two months!


Remember how last month I said that getting through the month wasn't that hard? Well this month was NOT nearly as easy. I didn't think November would ever get here, but it finally did. It wasn't that we weren't busy, because we were.

This past month, Garth and I celebrated our 6-year wedding anniversary by going to Kansas City and while there we got to meet another family who is also adopting from Ethiopia...the Reaser family. Our Tupperware fundraiser ended and we have since added the WalkingTestimony.com fundraiser. We watched the Adoption Learning Partner class "Adopting the Older Child." It is an excellent class and I highly encourage you to watch it if you are adopting.

There have been a LOT of referrals made this month, but not that many sibling or unrelated child referrals, so we are still sitting at 13 for siblings and 3 for unrelated. Here's hoping to moving up the list at least a little bit in the next month!

You will also notice that our thermometers have increased some this month so thank you to all those who have assisted us with that. Every little bit adds up and I enjoy updating the thermometers every other week or so. Some of the ways that Garth and I are trying to save money are by saving money on groceries (which is now much easier to do thanks to Michelle's Money Savers), I am working two mornings a week in the nursery at LifeGate Church(previously Trinity), and I am putting the incentive that I make at work directly into our adoption fund. Garth also has started a new business with silver and gold coins that we are excited about.

Also, for those of you who like to get an early start on Christmas shopping, check out the One Stop Adoption Shop! You can get great items AND help adoptive families bring their kid(s) home. It's a win-win situation! New items are added every Sunday so come back every week.

Thanks for following along and your support.

4 comments:

  1. congrats on the two month mark! each month brings you a little closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, 2 months! Every day counts toward bringing you closer to your children! Celebrating with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah to celebrating two months!! WE are celebrating with you too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for 2 Months!!! I felt like month 1 was not so bad and month 2 was F O R E V E R, month 3 has flown by though so hopefully your month 3 will fly by as well! Enjoy celebrating!

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman