Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Immunizations

Who reading this likes to get shots? Anyone? No, I didn't think so. Well tomorrow, Garth and I get to begin to get our immunizations. We will be leaving at about 7:00 a.m. to go to the Omaha Travel Clinic to get our yellow fever, typhoid, meningococcal, and polio shots, and they will also give us malaria pills and an antibiotic to take while we are in Ethiopia. Thankfully our shots will be in our arms, though!

Then on Thursday, we will be going to Tekamah to get the rest of our immunizations from the Goldenrod Hills Community Action who give a few immunizations at a GREATLY reduced price. In Tekemah, I will only have to get a Hepatitis A shot, but Garth will also have to get Hepatitis B, MMR, and TDaP. 

While we are not very excited to get all these shots, it does mean that we are that much closer to seeing our boys so bring on the needles!

4 comments:

  1. so excited for you to finally be at this place where you are ready to get your vaccines. you will get to meet your children soon! hey i have also been thinking about staying between trips. i know that brenda fleming is there right now. do you have any more details about staying? my husband needs quite a bit more convincing so i am trying to collect info to "sell" him on the idea. good luck with the vaccines! i heard the typhoid is not fun :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man! We are not looking forward to this part of things! But you are so right - it means you are CLOSER to seeing your sweet boys! We'll be praying for you!
    So excited to learn more about your family and where you've been/will be in bringing your children home!
    Blessings to you!

    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I used to get weekly allergy shots and my nurse had that pic up in her office =) At least the REASON you are getting these shots DOES make you smile,right?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman