Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

One week down!


It has been one week and one day since we first got to see the pictures of our sons, and it went by pretty quickly! Garth and I have been praying for our children since we began this journey and it was wonderful to finally be able to pray for them by name! It was also very exciting to be able to share our news with everyone, and we even were mentioned on a local Omaha radio station! That was a fun surprise! Garth and I, well mostly me, have started thinking about the things that we will need to get to prepare for our sons and I'm excited to say that I was able to find some of them already this week! For their beds, I had originally thought of getting toddler beds, but while talking to my mom, she suggested bunk beds since kids grow out of toddler beds so quickly. She is so wise. I wanted to find some wood beds because the room that they will be sleeping in has wood panels for walls, so I was very excited when I found a lady in Blair who was selling her wood bunk beds for a very reasonable price on Craig's List. We will be getting those beds today! I also knew that I would need one more car seat as well as booster seats that I also found on Craig's list. I can't remember if I mentioned this in my posts before, but I am REALLY HOPING to be able to stay in Ethiopia from the time of our court date until our Embassy appointment so I can bond with our boys before we can even bring them home. To do that, we will need to have everything ready before we go so Garth doesn't have to try to go shopping for things without me.

We have also decided on their names. I have always wanted to incorporate the grandparent's names into our children's names. The older child has a beautiful, but unusual, name, so we will be changing it to Jeremiah J**** -Ned Druckenmiller. The younger child has a fairly common American name, so we will leave it the same and his name will be S**** Theodore Druckenmiller. I have always loved the name Jeremiah and my favorite Bible verse is out of Jeremiah. In fact, it's at the top of this blog page! Jeremiah means "Sent by God" and Ned means "Wealth Protector". S*** means "Listening" and Theodore means "Gift of God". I don't know the meaning of J**** yet, but I'm hoping to find out the end of this month. I am so glad God "listened" to our prayers and He is "sending" these "gifts" to us!

I would also like to begin sharing some photos that pertain to Ethiopia when I send out these update blogs. This first picture is the Ethiopian flag. The red stripe stands for power, yellow for the church, peace, natural wealth, and love, and green for the land and hope. The star is for the unity of the people, the disk is for peace, the prosperity for all ethnicities, races, religions, and gender. The blue background stands for peace and democracy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Carmen! This is so exciting! How awesome that you know the names too! ~ love their meanings! How wonderful! :) I cannot WAIT to see their pics!

    Say, Jeff and I have our fundraising sale through November 22nd. Any chance you would want to add us to your one stop shop? or did we miss the sunday update? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about you once when I was in Ethiopia and wondered if you would get a referral while I was gone... glad to see that you did indeed! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman