Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving thoughts

All this week most of us have been bustling around grocery shopping, cleaning, making plans to travel to visit family, and thinking about the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, etc. that most of us will soon be eating.

I admit that I LOVE Thanksgiving. I love thinking about all the things that I am thankful for, I love getting together with family and friends, and of course I love the food. But this year there is a bit of sadness invading my feelings as well. You see, in addition to not being able to share our Thanksgiving with Jeremiah and S***, Thursday is also S***'s birthday. Every part of my mommy's heart wants to fly over there so I can be with him on his birthday. I want to shower him with hugs and kisses, play with him, give him a birthday cake, and sing to him (of course I would do that with Jeremiah as well).  As I sit here typing this, tears are streaming down my face with love and loneliness for our boys.

I am also having a hard time thinking about the fact that while we will be stuffing ourselves, there are children who will only get a bowl of rice...


or a slice of bread...

So tomorrow as you are being thankful for the blessings that the Lord has given you, say a prayer for those people who won't be partaking in the feast that many of us will be; those who are thankful for whatever food they get.



HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman