Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Care Packages #4

On new year's day, our 4th care packages will be on their way to Ethiopia with Scott and Rachel Miller from Oklahoma. They will be on their way to pick up their baby girl, Aamina. While they are there, they will be giving our boys their next presents! This time we got the boys some stockings with candy and toys in them, 2 shirts each, some Christmas whistles, and a couple John Deere tractors, a corral, and a pig, horse, and cow that we will divide between the two boys.

One thing that I'm really excited about is an Ethiopian Christmas party that will be held sometime next week. Ethiopia uses a different calendar than we do and so their Christmas falls on January 7. One of the moms in our group used to be an event planner at Disney World so when she found out that there would be a Christmas party, she got busy! Several of her friends in the event planning business donated 4 bins of items to take with her for the party. All the kids at the transition homes will be getting presents on Christmas. How wonderful is that! I can hardly wait to get the pictures and they haven't even left yet.

Jeremiah's 4th care package

S***'s 4th care package

Both together

Ready to be boxed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman