Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

As Christmas day approaches, I have been thinking a LOT about Mary, the mother of Jesus. The Christmas story is especially precious to me this year because we are also anxiously anticipating the arrival of our sons. Through the years I have thought about Mary and what thoughts and feelings she might be having. One thing stood out to me this year that I didn't notice before...Mary's acceptance right away. When Gabriel told Mary that the Holy Spirit would come upon her and she would give birth to the Christ child, Mary said "Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word." Mary had complete trust and accepted it without question. I would imagine that she had several questions swirling around in her brain (Why me? What will Joseph think? What will my parents think? Will they disown me? What will my friends say? What will childbirth be like?). Instead, she just accepted it and trusted God to get her through whatever lies ahead, knowing that He was in charge and wouldn't let her down.

I wish I had the faith of Mary. This week has been especially hard for me because I really wanted to know our court date before Christmas. Well, that didn't happen. I also really miss my boys. Christmas is a time of being together with family, spending time together, playing with new toys, opening presents under the Christmas tree, etc. But half of our family is in Africa and that hurts. I know that God's timing is perfect...that has been demonstrated over and over again, but it doesn't lessen the pain of the separation, the unknown, the frustrations of having to wait on others before finally getting to see our boys. So please say a prayer for us and the other adopting families to have patience, peace, and to remember that even in our hardest moments, we are not alone...God is always with us.

1 comment:

  1. You will hear soon. Praying for your family. :)

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman