Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Court Update

Well, this morning we got an e-mail from our travel coordinator, Kristen, with some news about court. As you know, we were hoping and praying that our court date would be in February because Ethiopian Airlines is having a special price that month of $777 plus tax for a nonstop flight to Ethiopia from the US. Well....it doesn't look like we'll be getting to have that option. The e-mail from Kristen this morning in part said:

Dear Garth and Carmen,

As you wait for a court date we are writing to update you that we are currently seeing court dates issued for early March. We anticipate future dates to be issued around or after that time and would like to prepare your family for this timeframe for your court date. Your court case is currently open and we are currently in the process of waiting for a date for your family.


That obviously was not the news we wanted to hear, but I know that God is in control and His timing is perfect...even if we can't see it right away. On a positive note, we will have that much more time to get things ready for the boys. Garth's birthday is also in March so maybe we'll be in Ethiopia together for his birthday. That would be a FANTASTIC birthday present, I think!

2 comments:

  1. you never know. last time they had some random early court dates in amongst the later ones. you're also not supposed to get a referral in two months. look who did ;) whenever you get it your time will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you heard something! March isn't that far away.

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman