Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Last week of 2010

I can't believe that this is the last year of 2010! It has gone by very quickly...but also agonizingly slow. I hope you all had a very blessed Christmas with your family and friends. Garth and I had a very low-key Christmas...in fact, I worked 8 hours of overtime Christmas day (OT pay, holiday pay, weekend pay, and incentive makes for a very nice check). I was excited to be able to do that because that means more money going into our adoption fund! Then yesterday we had lunch at a new to us restaurant in Omaha, Blue Sushi Sake Grill. They have happy hour prices all day on Sunday so that just added to the enjoyment. Our favorite there was the crunchy l.a. Delicious!

Over the weekend I spent a lot more time on Facebook because I was enjoying all the pictures that people were posting of their Christmas celebrations, all the happy status updates, the videos that people were posting, etc. I also kept thinking about how different our Christmas would be next year with two boys home with us. I can hardly wait for that! While I was on FB, another family adopting from Ethiopia had a post offering their FB friends and family to send a little Merry Christmas post to their future daughter, and since I totally loved that idea, I decided to do it as well! I am going to save all of the messages and put them in our boys life books. Since I know that not everyone is on Facebook, I wanted to open this opportunity up to my blog friends as well. You can either leave a comment on this blog post or you can e-mail them directly to me at cdruckenmiller@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. MERRY CHRISTMAS, BOYS! You both are such a precious gift to your mom and dad! They are SO EXCITED to meet you and bring you HOME! FOREVER! I cannot wait to see pictures of ALL of you enjoying Christmas TOGETHER next year! May God have helped you feel their love this Christmas day ~ and EVERY day. Can't wait for you to be a forever family! Blessings to ALL OF YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman