Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Monthly Update!

Today, Garth and I got our monthly update from Caitlin! The e-mail had 4 pictures attached of our boys (wearing the Christmas hats that we had sent with their last care package) along with a couple documents of information about the boys which included their height, weight, head circumference, eating and health information, developmental and physical assessment, personality and other comments. The first thing that I noticed when I looked at the assessments were their names. They said J**** Druckenmiller and S**** Druckenmiller! It was so much fun to see our last name with theirs! It made it more real somehow. :-)

In addition to the information listed above, they also answered questions that I had submitted at the end of November. One of the questions that I had asked was what Jeremiah's Ethiopian name meant. Sadly, no one knew. When we go for our court date, Garth and I will hopefully get to meet with their biological dad so I'll ask him to see if he knows. One piece of information that I was THRILLED to hear about was that Jeremiah is HEALTHY! I was so glad to hear that he was over his URTI. Both boys weigh about 30 pounds and Jeremiah is about 34 inches tall and S*** is about 31.5 inches tall. I will again submit 5 more questions for each boy that will be answered at the end of January. We get monthly updates at the end of every month until the month of our court date.

We still haven't heard when our court date is, but hopefully we will know before our next monthly update. Pray for news soon, PLEASE!

1 comment:

  1. Celebrating with you getting news that helps make it seem more real that you HAVE TWO SONS!!! Cannot wait for you to know what date you get to go and meet them! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman