Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

My heart and mind are in Ethiopia

Today I am struggling. I haven't even met "J" and "S" yet, but I miss them terribly. I don't know how to explain how that's possible, but believe me, it is excruciating. I desperately want to see my boys...hug them...kiss them...play with them...tell them stories...eat with them...rock them when they are tired...read to them...watch them sleep...and everything else that goes with being a parent. I find myself wondering what they are doing right now? Are they sleeping? Eating? Playing? I found out today that our little "J" has a friend and they like to talk to each other in their native language as they are from the same area in Ethiopia. I can't tell you how much that warmed this mommy's heart. While all of us hope that our children have friends in the transition home that they play with, actually knowing that they do is wonderful to hear. The family who is adopting "J"'s little friend is from Idaho so when we both get our kids, we may have to take a trip out that way sometime.

For now, I will keep waiting for that phone call that will tell us when our court date is. Next week Paige Alleca will be seeing our boys and loving on them, taking pictures, and playing with them so I'll have to hold out for that. I LOVE YOU MY SWEET BOYS!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there... it will happen! We are still waiting for our court date, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Carmen! May God nurture you mommy heart today! I SOOOO get your aching to be with them, meet them, and have them HOME! Amazing, isn't it? How MUCH we can love children we have yet to meet! Jeff and I are SO in LOVE with our child or children, and we don't even have a referral! YET! ;o)

    How AWESOME that your "J" knows "C's" daughter! (I'm guessing).....we live in Idaho and are friends with "C!" We could all get together! OR have the whole West gathering here! :o)

    Will say special prayers for you, my dear.......

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman