Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

A new perspective

So yesterday was kind of a hard day for some of us because of the news that our court date wouldn't be until March. I will admit I had a little pity party for myself and the other families who got the same type of e-mail. Well this morning I was reading AWAA's blog and there was an article from a family who adopted from China that changed my whole outlook on waiting another month for our court date. Garth and I started this journey in December 2009 when we sent in our application to AWAA. Less than a year later we got our referral for our sweet boys and we will hopefully have them home within 18 months of beginning this journey. The article that I read today was from a family in Tennessee who started the adoption journey on October 15, 2005 for a little girl in China. The wait time then was 12 to 14 months. After they started, China's adoption program slowed significantly and this family ended up waiting 57 months...that is 4 years 9 months...from application to getting their little girl from China. After I read that article I felt very ashamed. After all, if this family can wait for almost 5 years for their little girl, I can certainly wait one more month.

2 comments:

  1. isn't it amazing how God humbles us so quickly and puts our perspective on track? God has done that for me more times than I can count through this journey. I thank Him for each one of those moments. your boys are being taken care of and you have plenty of time to get ready for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen, I keep reminding myself of the same thing. It's always good to have perspective. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman