Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Jar

Today was a very good mail day. As I stated in the previous post, Garth and I got a check for $1000 from an aunt and uncle on Garth's side which was obviously very exciting, but that wasn't the only exciting thing in the mail. Today, December 31, 2010, our sons got their very first package in the mail! I wasn't sure if I should open it, but my curiosity got the better of me. :-) When I first opened the box, we thought it was all bubble wrap...

...but we soon found the present! It was a Christmas Jar full of money, a book called Christmas Jars, and a letter that said:

Dear Jeremiah and S***,

Welcome to America! We cannot wait to meet you! No matter what time of year you arrive in the U.S., we want to wish you a Merry Christmas!!! You were in our thoughts and prayers Christmas 2010, and your mommy and daddy are so excited to have you in your new home for the next Christmas! The money in this Christmas jar is for the 2 of you to share. The book is for your parents. Maybe when you get a little older and easily understand the English language, they will read the book to you. It's one of our family's favorite Christmas traditions. We hope it will become an annual tradition in the Druckenmiller home.

The way it works is that you begin today, by getting an empty jar with a lid. Write Christmas Jar, or CJ, on the jar. Each night when Daddy gets home from work he puts his change in the CJ. You and mommy also put your extra coins in the CJ, and then in early December, you begin asking the Holy Spirit who He wants you to give the CJ away too. It will be someone in need. It may be someone who is being adopted, but it might not be. I'll tell you a secret; you don't have to wait until Christmas. If you want, or God shows you a need, you can give a Christmas jar away at any time. It's so much fun! Merry Christmas!


In the jar was $83.26 which we plan on putting into a savings account for the boys as soon as we can open one. In the meantime, we will keep it in the jar and thank the Lord for this wonderful gift.  The letter wasn't signed so we don't know exactly who this gift is from, but if you are reading this blog, thank you so much. We will definitely begin doing this and we look forward to carrying on this tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman