Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Fasting

Earlier this week, one of my AWAA Ethiopia Yahoo Group friends suggested that we all fast and pray this Sunday for Ethiopia. For the past several weeks there has not been very much movement because of paperwork not getting done, referrals being retracted due to previously unknown circumstances, families not passing court because MOWA (Ministry of Women's Affairs) hadn't written their letter that is required, etc. So, many of us on the YG are going to be fasting and praying especially on Sunday. I was originally going to fast food which is what most people think of when you mention a fast, and I will fast food once we leave my parent's house on Sunday, but in addition to that I will be fasting from the internet from 5:00 tonight until Monday morning at 8:00. I can tell you that this will NOT be an easy fast for me, especially since I might get pictures of our boys this weekend from the last person to take a care package. However, after this weekend of prayer and fasting, we are expecting to hear GREAT THINGS next week in regards to referrals, families passing court, court date appointments, and Embassy appointments. Please, if you are led, pray with us this weekend that everything that is needed will be completed so this process can move on. Next week I am expecting to be able to write a blog with GOOD NEWS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman