Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Indian Rescue Mission

This morning I got an e-mail from a gentleman named James Varghese...an e-mail that brough unspeakable joy to my heart. The e-mail said that 2 minor girls were successfully rescued at around 7:30 p.m. local time today from a brothel in Pune, Maharastra in India. The brothel keeper was also arrested. PRAISE THE LORD!

As we all know, human trafficking is a serious problem. Every day minor girls and boys are trafficked for the sex industry or child labor. In India, there are thousands of these children living in inhumane conditions. Many have lost their parents and have nowhere to go. That is where IRM steps in. IRM was started in 2009 to offer help and support for these young children. Their goal is to rescue these children from the hellish lives they are enduring in hopes of providing them a safe place to lay their heads and hope for the future. After they are rescued, they then provide rehabilitation and counseling, education, health exams, and whatever other support they need. If you would like to receive these wonderful updates like I do, send James an e-mail at IndianRescueMission@gmail.com. Please also check out their website here.  To sign a petition to end child prostitution in India, go here. I have also added a web badge on the right side of our blog you can click to get to their website from ours. Also, please search your hearts about supporting this ministry financially. They truly are saving the lives of these children and need as much financial help as they can get. Your money will literally save a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman