Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

On January 3, 2011...


Monday, January 3 at approximately 12:45 p.m., a fellow adoptive parent posted on the Yahoo Group that she had gotten a call from Kristen saying that the judge was on vacation and they shouldn’t expect to hear anything regarding their court date until the following week. I was bummed. :-( So, I immediately e-mailed Garth, my parents, and my two brothers letting them know that news. At approximately 12:53 p.m., about 30 seconds after I pressed “send” on the e-mail to my parents and brothers, the phone rang and the caller ID had that 703 area code that I had been waiting to see since we got the referral. I didn't even get excited because of what was just posted on the YG. When Kristen introduced herself she said that she was calling because WE HAVE A COURT DATE! I immediately started crying. I was glad I was sitting down or I might have fainted. Our court date is March 10! I was just so overcome with happiness, excitement, nervousness, and also sadness for the other families who have to wait longer to hear of their court date. There were four other families who got the call that their court date was March 10 also, so we will all be there together. I am also excited to report that there will be another adoptive mommy who will stay in Ethiopia through Embassy so I am hopeful that we will be able to stay in the same Guest House for the duration.

So you may be asking yourself why we waited until now to break the news. Well, this past weekend, the Kelley side of our family was getting together for our Christmas celebration and Garth and I decided that it would be fun to tell them all in person. Let me tell you, it was HARD not to tell them our news. I wanted to shout it from the rooftops! But, I wanted to see their faces when they heard the news more. So, I was able to keep the secret until Saturday morning when we broke the news. Mom and Dad started crying and everyone else was excited for us. I, of course, started crying again. My niece, Rebecca, had asked the day before if we would bring the boys home in 12 days. :-)

So what happens next? Well, Garth and I did already arrange our flights with Susan Parr travel agency for $1241.29 each which includes taxes and the agency fees. For the return trip, the boys' tickets will be $853.59 each, so the airfare total is $4189.76. We will also start gathering items that we need to take with us. To avoid having this blog be outrageously long, I will give you a list of the items we need to take with us on another post. We will also need to get some things to ready our home for the boys. Some things that I have thought of are: diapers for S*** (I will be using cloth diapers), a double stroller, baby monitors, child medications, thermometer, diaper rash cream, a dresser for their room, sheets, clothes, etc., etc., etc. I will also be trying to live more “green” in various ways including making my own baby wipes, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. We have less than 2 months to get ready, so we’ll be busy! YEAH!!!!!  I will keep you updated as we get closer to our trip. Thanks again for your prayers!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!!!
    Although I was really hoping that you would be traveling at the same time that we are. We used Susan Parr last time and will use them again, too. So excited for you! Our boys should be home close to the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jumping up and down crying...literally! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!! May March come quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman