Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Referral fee thermometer

I am very excited to share that we have met our referral acceptance fee of $9885! Over Christmas, Garth and I didn't go anywhere so I was able to work overtime on Saturday, get holiday pay, as well as extra pay for working on the weekend.  On December 27, I was updating our thermometer and I noticed that we were only $300 away from our goal, so I was really hoping that my overtime would cover that. Guess what...IT DID! Garth checked our bank account today and this paycheck was $333 more than last paycheck. Praise the Lord! So now that we have met that goal, our FINAL thermometer has been added! This thermometer will be for all our travel fees. I outlined the fees that we will have to pay next on our one-month referral-versary post and you can see them here. One difference from that post is that we have decided that I WILL be staying in Ethiopia following court until our Embassy appointment, so my Visa fee is $95 and of course there will be the cost to stay there from 4-12 weeks. Since I'll be staying in Ethiopia, I have made our travel fee goal $14,000, which is in the middle of cost ranges. You will also see that we already have $1000 raised toward that goal, thanks to an uncle and aunt on Garth's side of the family. You know who you are!

I am believing that we will have a court date in March, so I'll be excited to see how the Lord provides the funds so we can see that thermometer go up, up, up! Thanks for all the assistance we have received from everyone so far. It means more to us than we can ever say!

2 comments:

  1. so awesome and uplifting! we are still praying about me staying between dates. i just can't imagine leaving our little one there after she's ours. love to hear some more details as you get those worked out. i know there's several that want to do that or have. prayers to your whole family :)

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman