Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

2011 Featured families #4

For the first featured family post in February, I'm featuring two families again: Jeff and Katie Seevers and David and Erin Hurley.

Jeff and Katie are from Ohio and they have 4 children currently ages 12, 10, 7, and 2. They have a pretty interesting story about why they decided to adopt that you can read here. They even have a video so make sure to check that out on that same page. They officially decided to adopt in January 2010 after the Haiti earthquake. They started looking at different agencies and in May they decided to partner with America World and sent their application. They were accepted to the Ethiopia program in June and began to compile their dossier. They were DTE in December and are currently waiting for either siblings under 24 months or a single child under 12 months old. They have a couple fundraisers going on right now. The first is with Just Love Coffee that you can access here. They also have t-shirts for sale (which you can see in their picture above)! Jeff actually designed these t-shirts himself. They have children's sizes as well as men's and women's medium to XL. Order some today!


David and Erin Hurley are from North Carolina and they have two daughters who are described as having daddy's eyes and mommy's hair. They were comfortably living the American Dream when God began to move their hearts. Initially they had many excuses why they shouldn't adopt but after listing them, they realized that they were all selfish. Shortly after that they decided to adopt from Ethiopia. They were accepted into the AWAA Ethiopia program on March 30 and were DTE on October 1 and are requesting an infant 0 to 9 months old. You really need to check out their website because they have a lot of neat things on there including their fundraisers, information about adoption, their blog, as well as their story. Check it out here! They have several fundraisers which include t-shirts, jewelry, children's clothes, bibs, headbands, and even a denim tote with an Africa applique from a giraffe print on it! Click here to go right to their shop.

I would love to hear from these families that they got sales this week from at least one of their fundraisers. Will you help them bring their children home by purchasing something?

2 comments:

  1. I love when you do these :)! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome, Carmen! Thanks for featuring us this week:)

    Blessings,
    K

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman