Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

PLEASE PRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garth and I are safely in Washington, DC in our hotel. We will soon be having dinner but we wanted to "reconnect" with our online family. I am SO GLAD we did! The first e-mail that was at the top of my list was from our family coordinator. Here is what she said:

Dear Garth & Carmen,


We are writing to ask your family to join us in prayer for the Ministry of Women and Children’s Affairs (MOWA) regarding the number of cases they will be able to process each day. They have made statements that they desire to decrease the number of recommendation letters they write each day. We understand that because of these statements, the Court and MOWA are in the process of meeting to discuss and work out any potential changes or new processes regarding adoptions in Ethiopia. We want to blanket these meetings with prayer and ask you to come along side us in this.


We are sorry to be sending information to your family so late in the day but we wanted to communicate this request to you before the weekend. We know rumors and concerns can arise from any information being shared in the adoption community and our desire is to continue to primarily provide you with any confirmed information in a timely manner. Please rest assured we will continue to seek information on what is happening in the adoption process in Ethiopia and will share with you any new confirmed information we receive.


Joining your family in prayer,
 
Caitlin Edwards

Africa Family Coordinator
 
One of the main reasons families don't pass court the first time is because MOWA hasn't written their letter of recommendation. If this does in fact take place, it could significantly delay court dates and Embassy hearings. Please pray that God's will be done in this matter.

4 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know that I'm praying fervently!! We haven't even signed with an agency yet, but our heart's desire is for ETHIOPIA!! Praying God will do what He does best!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hear that word too. We just accepted our referrals on Monday and word is that if you don't get your paperwork in by March 10 to the courts you will be put into the slow process. Praying this all stops and that it is a decision they reverse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for ethical, transparent adoptions. MOWAs decision may help impact that, it may not...only God knows.

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman