Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Update from Ethiopia

Greetings from Ethiopia! Things are going really well here and I'm excited to tell you that I'm now a full-time mommy! On Thursday morning I told a couple of the AWAA in-country staff (Yonas and Job) that I was ready to bring the boys to the guest house with me as soon as I could. That very afternoon while at the transition home, Yonas came up to me and told me that I could take them today! They wouldn't have the paperwork ready for me, but I could get that later. What a great surprise! So Thursday at 4:30, Jagiso and Simon were able to get in the van with me and come! Both boys fell asleep around 8:30 Thursday night and Simon slept until 6:30 a.m. and Jagiso slept until 7:00. That was great! Yesterday was our first full day together and we had some challenging moments as well as wonderful moments. Both boys were very happy when they woke up which was wonderful because I am NOT a morning person. By the end of the first day, I was exhausted, but it was a happy exhaustion. Of course, I was really wishing Garth could be here with us, but hopefully we'll get get to go home soon. I am hoping that our paperwork will be submitted to Embassy on Wednesday so please pray that that does in fact happen. The latest trend has been that once families get submitted to Embassy, they are cleared to travel within 1 day. However, nothing in Ethiopia...or adoption for that matter...is a sure thing. My mom will be flying here on April 5 so we definitely won't leave before then because I WILL need help with the boys on the way home. Thankfully the longest trip will be at night Ethiopian time so hopefully they will sleep the majority of the trip. Time will tell, though. Right now I am enjoying the sounds of my sons' breathing while they nap. Nap times are definitely a gift to mommies everywhere. Tonight at noon CST, we will get to communicate via Skype to Garth and my parents which I am greatly looking forward to. The boys have been asking where Daddy is so I'm excited to see how they react when they see him on the computer screen. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get cleared for embassy soon! Enjoy this transition time with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how exciting that you are with your SONS 24/7 now! May your Embassy date come very SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman