Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Tomorrow, as everyone knows, is Mother's Day. Obviously, I am very excited that this year I will be able to celebrate it AS a mommy, however my heart is heavy for all those who have a mommy's heart but no children to share it with yet. Every year gets harder and harder for each of these women. In previous years, I would pretty much try to avoid all mothers because I was so jealous....yes I know that jealousy is wrong, but when your heart wants something that you don't have yet, it's hard not to have those feelings. Unless you have gone through that situation, you can't know how hard it is. So I want to tell all my childless blog readers who so desperately want a child, just remember that the Lord will fulfill your heart's desire in one way or another. It took 38 years for me to have my dreams for a child come true so don't give up hope...your time is coming.

To celebrate my first Mother's day, I wanted to share some of my favorite photos of the boys taken since we got back to the US. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Simon in the car seat coming home from the airport

Jeremiah and Simon in new pajamas

Jeremiah and Simon in some chairs someone gave us...was that you Christina and John?

Jeremiah at Uncle Brian's house with a helmet

Simon and Uncle Brian watching TV

Jeremiah in an Inman basketball shirt

Simon playing dress-up at Grandma and Granddad's


Jeremiah (back) and Simon napping at Grandma and Granddad's


First bath in Nebraska at Grandma and Granddad's house

Simon with a washcloth on his head

Jeremiah and Simon teeter tottering with Daddy

Daddy, Jeremiah, and Simon...my 3 favorite guys

Simon loved his blanket from Aunt Kay

Simon and Jeremiah

Mommy's helper chefs

Jeremiah and Simon asleep in the recliner

Simon's silly face

Happy Jeremiah

Doctor in training Simon...I think he just scrubbed so he doesn't want to touch anything

Jeremiah didn't want to wear the Spidey mask so Simon did

Pirate Jeremiah

1 comment:

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman