Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Highlights of my first mother's day

These are in no particular order, just listed as I remember them. :-)

1.  Going to church for the first time in Nebraska as a family of FOUR!!!!!

2.  Getting a potted flower for mother's day at church.

3.  At the Cheesecake Factory where we had lunch, Simon wanting to go potty on the toilet and then saying VERY loudly "Bye potty! Bye poopy!" as the toilet was flushing.

4.  When I took Jeremiah to the bathroom in Hy-Vee, another woman tooted loudly enough for us to hear and Jeremiah said "Eek! What was THAT?" quite loudly.

5.  Having Jeremiah shriek with happiness at everything on the shelves of Hy-Vee as we walked by.

6.  Having Garth change Simon's dirty diaper as I was putting the groceries away and discovering it was a blowout.

7.  Having a large carmel frappuccino from Starbucks.

8.  Looking in my rearview mirror and seeing the most wonderful boys I could have ever imagined sitting in their car seats and having the best husband in the world next to me.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Now THAT is a precious first Mother's Day! With some great humor speckled throughout! LOVE IT!!!!! So happy for all four of you, Carmen!

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman