Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Last weekend Jeremiah, Simon, Garth and I spent the 3-day weekend in Trenton, Missouri visiting with Grandpa and Grandma D as well as honorary Auntie Maria and Uncle Ron Cochran. We got to Trenton Friday night at about 10:00 and after unpacking the car and going inside, the boys immediately had to go around and turn on and off all the lights. Grandpa and Grandma D live in a BIG house so that took some time. :-) Saturday, we went to the church ladies thrift store, to a garage sale (where we were able to get one of those rechargeable 4-wheelers that they can ride on...among other things), and spent the rest of the day at Grandpa and Grandma D's. The boys had a BLAST...and I think Grandpa and Grandma were glad to have them visit as well.

On Sunday, we went to church at 9:30 where the church family got to meet the boys. Many of those families had been praying for us during our adoption so it was fun for them to get to see the fruit of those prayers. For the service, we heard from 4 men who had gone to Joplin to help in any way they could. They had taken chainsaws and were cutting trees and removing them for people. The pictures were heartbreaking and their stories were very interesting. That night, Garth and I got to go on our very first date since becoming parents. Ron and Maria and Grandpa and Grandma watched the boys while we went out for dinner and then to see Kung Fu Panda 2 (which I really enjoyed, by the way). I will confess that as we were sitting in the restaurant my mind was more on what the boys were doing than dinner, but I guess that's normal for the first time being away from the kids. :-)

Monday we had some more family come over to meet the boys for lunch and we just stayed at the house until about 5:00 when we left to come home. The whole weekend was so much fun for all. Garth is planning on taking the boys back for 4-5 days around July 4 because he will be off work that week (and I won't be).

We did get some pictures from the weekend that I will post on here as soon as I get them downloaded. We had to use a different camera than I'm used to and it's bigger than the one we lost so there weren't as many pictures taken, but Grandpa and Grandma D took some so I'll try to get those as well.

1 comment:

  1. I've been a mom for 22 years and my mind is still always on my kids when I'm away from them. :) Glad you all had a nice visit with Grandma and Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman