Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

GOD IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I know that most of you reading this blog know how awesome our God is, but today I received an announcement that I had been praying to read since March 10. Today, Jen and Brandon Hatmaker from Texas shared with the world that their son Ben from Ethiopia FINALLY passed court. In case you haven't heard the story, I'll give you some background. Jen and Brandon were adopting two previously unrelated children, Remy and Beniam. I had the pleasure of meeting them in Ethiopia because we all had the same court date of March 10. On March 10, little Remy passed court but Beniam's file didn't have the often-missing letter from MOWCYA. Since that day, America World and the Hatmaker's have been fighting for their son Beniam and time and time again they were told that they had to wait...some more. Well that wait has ended!!!!! Right now Brandon and Jen are in Ethiopia bringing home Remy and have been able to love on Beniam as well. When they told Beniam that he had finally passed court, he literally jumped into their arms and started telling his dad what he wanted them to bring when they came back to get him. :-) I will let you read the story here, but I just had to shout to my bloggy world how EXCITED I am that Beniam is no longer an orphan! I have cried so many tears of happiness today that my eyes are all puffy and bloodshot. THANK YOU LORD for your faithfulness to the Hatmaker family! OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I have been following their story a bit and hadn't heard the wonderful news yet. Thanks for sharing!!

    I saw you message in the AWAA YG and love that you have so many awaa families on your blogroll. I'll definitely be using your blog as a launching off point to keep track of more families. Congratulations on the adoption of your boys too. They are ADORABLE! We are DTE for two months for a little girl or young sibs, and it's been so nice to get connected with other families. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman