Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Two months and 2 weeks home

I know, I'm very behind on my blogging. Our 2 month anniversary of being home came and went without a single comment. I didn't forget, just haven't taken the time to do it. I realized, though, that I better TAKE the time to do it or our 3 month anniversary of being home will be here and I will have skipped 2 months. So here we go. As I am writing this, the boys are running around the house, jumping on the couch, and laughing while doing all of it. :-)

Things are still going incredibly well. Some of their favorite activities for the last 6 weeks have included meeting several cousins, playing with water toys, riding horses, having their first boat ride at North Lake here in Nebraska, going swimming in the Trenton, Missouri pool, watching fireworks in Trenton, going to their first rodeo, having tractor rides, 4-wheeler rides, having injera at the Ethiopian restaurant in Omaha, and playing with neighbors.

Garth and I continue to LOVE being parents and can't imagine our lives without the boys. I often find myself amazed at how God orchestrated our lives to be together. It hasn't been an easy road for any of us, but God has been faithful to us all. Enjoy the pictures!

Smiley Simon

My 3 favorite guys with water balloons

Jeremiah made this castle by himself...Simon wanted in the picture

Jeremiah, Granddad Kelley, and Simon reading a book

Jeremiah, Simon, and Daddy

Simon riding a horse...he wasn't as excited about it as his brother


Jeremiah didn't want to get off the horse

They took a 3-hour nap after their fun at the farm

Irish Superman!

Simon wearing pajama bottoms as a hat

Simon and Mommy taken by Jeremiah

Simon dancing

Simon, Jeremiah, and Daddy behind bars

Mommy and Jeremiah at the Ethiopian restaurant

Simon and Daddy at the Ethiopian restaurant

Jeremiah and Simon in a laundry basket

Simon, cousins Ellie and Rick, and Jeremiah

Jeremiah and Simon right after they got back from Missouri

Simon, Grandpa D, and Jeremiah

Simon and Jeremiah playing in the sprinkler in Missouri...BRRR!

Daddy giving horsey rides

Daddy and Simon in the Trenton pool

Daddy and Jeremiah in the Trenton pool

Simon and Jeremiah on a slide

Simon, Jeremiah, and Daddy in the little pool

Simon kissing Daddy

Simon in the high chair with Grandma K looking on

Simon kissing Grandma

What a cool dude...

At the rodeo they had a coin search in all this grass...Simon had more fun dumping the grass on his head than looking for money

Jeremiah did a little better looking

Big handfuls of grass

Simon rolling in it...he still has grass in his hair...

Jeremiah at the rodeo on day 2

Simon having fun with the spritzer fan

Jeremiah was playing with a smaller fan that we won

He was pretending it was a phone

Big smile!

Simon at church in the park

Jeremiah at church in the park

Jeremiah, Daddy, and Simon coming back from going "shint"

Simon relaxing

Jeremiah

2 comments:

  1. Wow your blog made me cry. (But first it scared the bejeebies out of me-I was quietly reading and then the music came blasting out) Then I started listening to the words of the song and reading your blog and then looking at the pictures. Wow is all I can say. Those boys are loved! Everyone looks happy! What more could you want. Keep the pictures coming! Love seeing how happy they are. Kim B

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman