Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Adoptive Families for Famine Relief

Ethiopia, Somalia, and Kenya have been hit with the worst drought in decades. Today, more than 11 million people are in need of food assistance and sadly the situation is only expected to get worse in coming months.  To try to help this situation, several AWAA Ethiopia families have come together to raise support for 4 organizations who are already working to provide famine relief in the Horn of Africa.

This ONE DAY fundraiser allows you to donate any amount to Children's HopeChest, World Vision, World Food Programme, or Doctors Without Borders. You can donate as little as $1, but to encourage donations of $25 or more, we have created a list of items that you can get for your donation. These items include reusable bags, t-shirts, jewelry, headbands, or art. You just choose your item, show us proof of your donation, and we'll send you the item of your choice as long as supplies last.

So click here to look around the site and donate if you can. Even if you can't donate, please share this site via email, blog, Facebook, Twitter, or telephone to get the word out. We can make a big difference if we try. The fundraiser will end at 11:59 p.m. on August 11, 2011 so HURRY!

Pause the music at the bottom of my blog and see who YOU could be helping today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman