Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Home for 4 months

Well, the summer is coming to a close and like almost everyone, we will have some changes in our routine in the month ahead as well. This past month we went to Missouri for a funeral, played outside, went to 2 county fairs, played outside, had family photos taken by Matt Paddack (whose family is ALSO adopting from Ethiopia), played outside, met cousins Marc, Christine, and Alex Tompkins, and played outside.

We had our first professional family photos taken on July 29. Matt Paddack and his wife Holly currently have 3 little boys and they are waiting for a referral for a little girl. They were DTE on September 3, 2010 with us so they are getting impatient to see who God has for them. Please pray for them as well as all the other families who have been waiting a long time. I don't have our pictures back yet, but as soon as I do get them, I'll post them here. 

The boys LOVED the fairs (Burt and Cuming counties) and even now Jeremiah talks about going to the fair "tomorrow." Suffice it to say it was a big hit.

The boys also got to meet some more of their Tompkins relatives on August 14. My cousin, Marc, his wife Christine, son Alex, and their 2 cats are in the process of moving to Minnesota. They are "homeless" for a while until they can move into their new house so they decided to travel to Europe for a month to visit some friends. While they are gone, they needed a place to keep their cats. Being the cat lover that I am, when they asked to let them stay here, I couldn't say no. So for a month, we have 6 cats in the house. Georgie and Charlie (the Tompkins cats) have their own little apartment in our basement. So far we have been able to keep our cats and their cats away from each other and they have adjusted well.

The month wasn't all happy, though. Last Tuesday on August 16, Garth's Aunt Barbara, sister to Esther, died after having a stroke. We drove down to Missouri Wednesday night and returned home on Friday. The service honoring Barbara's life was very nice and there were a lot of really nice pictures shown. While the occasion was a sad one, the boys still had a great time at Grandpa and Grandma Druckenmiller's house. They boys are really good travelers and keep themselves (and us) entertained. This time while we were there, I finally got a picture of the boys with both Grandma and Grandpa which is below.

Next month I'll have more to tell you as Jeremiah will begin going to preschool, I'll be going to Moms and Little Ones (MaLO--Lifegate Church's version of MOPS), and we will be having our first birthday party! You can hardly wait, right? Me too! Enjoy the pictures!


Beach balls + air conditioner = FUN!!!!!

Simon with a new pajama scarf

Jeremiah's pajama scarf

Simon and jeremiah

Christine, Alex, and Marc Tompkins

Jeremiah and Simon with old license plates

Silly-faced Simon and Jeremiah with new license plates

Hug 


Simon, Grandpa D, Grandma D, Jeremiah

Jeremiah playing with blocks

Daddy, Simon, Jeremiah, Mommy

Simon at McDonald's

Simon received a new dinosaur balloon hat at Hy-Vee

The clown is also making one for Jeremiah

Jeremiah and Simon with dinosaur balloon hats

Sliding 

Simon

Jeremiah 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's been four months. They look so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman