Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

1 year DTE anniversary

On September 3, 2010, Garth and I were rejoicing that after 9 long months of our "paper pregnancy", our dossier was FINALLY on its way to Ethiopia where we would soon see the faces of our boys. I have to admit that at the time I was expecting to have to wait a minimum of 4 months but probably closer to 6 before we would see our kids' faces, but God had a different plan...and thankfully it was MUCH shorter! I can't believe a year has passed since we officially entered the waiting game and while I can look back over this past year with mostly happiness and rejoicing, I also am feeling sadness for our friends who were DTE with us (like the Paddack family) or even earlier than us (like the Anderson family) who are STILL waiting to see their precious child's face. We all tell ourselves that God is in control and God knows what is best, and that IS true, but it is SO HARD to be waiting this long. So please pray for the families who are still waiting. I know it will all be worth it when they finally see their child's face, but right now they need our prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Carmen - your prayer request on our behalf is so appreciated! You are sooooo right - the wait is tough! Oh how we long to see a sweet face soon and meet our daughter for the first time!

    However - I am thrilled to rejoice with you and Garth that your journey wasn't quite as long! I know you are enjoying life with those boys!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman