Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

5 months 1 day homiversary

This past month has been VERY busy. We had a weekend at Granddad and Grandma's house in Inman, Jeremiah started preschool, Garth and I had a date night to go see Jersey Boys while Grandma Kelley came to watch the boys for us, AND we had a VERY important birthday and very big party where the boys got to meet their Uncle John and cousin Ashley from New York for the first time.

The weekend we went to Granddad and Grandma Kelley's, the boys got to drive the tractor, got a 4-wheeler ride, swung on the famous rope swing at the Tompkins' ranch, got to ride to church in Grandma's car, got to pet some kitties, and snuggled with Granddad one morning.

Jeremiah started preschool on September 9. He goes on Tuesdays and Fridays from 9-11. He has really loved it and I have gotten a lot of beautiful pictures and paintings. :-) Our little neighbor boy, Dominic, also goes to the same preschool so that was an added bonus. Jeremiah says his favorite part of preschool are his friends and toys. While Jeremiah is in preschool, Simon and I got to the local library on Tuesdays for the story hour and on Friday we read stories at home.

Also on September 9, Grandma Kelley came for an overnight stay so Garth and I could go have dinner and go see "Jersey Boys" at the Orpheum Theatre in Omaha. We try to go see at least 1 show a year at the Orpheum and I was SO excited when I found out Jersey Boys were coming because I had wanted to see it. I did enjoy it quite a bit....especially the music.

On September 15 was Jeremiah's 5th birthday. We had been talking about it and since he had been to a couple birthday parties for his cousins, he knew what was coming. You can read about that day here, but suffice it to say that he had a GREAT day and fun was had by all. Enjoy some pictures!

Simon's new hat

Jeremiah playing the harmonica through a kazoo

Playing dress up in the dress-up trunk

Jeremiah's beautiful dress

Jeremiah

Jeremiah, Daddy, Simon

Simon's bucket hat

Simon on the famous rope swing...he really did like it

Jeremiah's turn

A very friendly kitty

Granddad, Jeremiah, and Simon

Simon is ready to drive it

Jeremiah driving the tractor

Simon driving with Granddad

Simon and Jeremiah riding horsey daddy

Granddad, Jeremiah, and Simon

Granddad, Jeremiah, Grandma, and Simon

Hanging off the cart at Pamida

Something was REALLY funny

Simon and Jeremiah in their new booster seats

Jeremiah on his first day of preschool

Simon on Jeremiah's first day of preschool

Jeremiah with his teacher

Jeremiah, Grandma, and Simon

Reading the library book together

Simon wearing the headband I made at MOMS

Jeremiah in his traditional Ethiopian outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman